There's a new epidemic sweeping across Christian communities today; The GAY GOSPEL. If you haven't already, you will be confronted with the controversial "GAY GOSPEL" being preached and believed at an exponential rate by 'ministries' such as SOULFORCE. Not only do these people believe that God doesn't condemn homosexuality, they firmly believe He is supportive of it and it is a gift. What's dangerous is these pro-gay professed 'Christians' are using scripture to back up their claims. Of course, these claims all result out of the misreading and misinterpretation of the Bible. I'm going to show the scriptures that the GAY GOSPEL is using as evidence to support their claims, followed by their interpretations; and then proceed with the true biblical interpretation of the scriptures.
GAY GOSPEL: The Gay Gospel proposes that the sin in Sodom and the destruction of the city had nothing to do with homosexuality. As the bible says, all of the men, both old and young from the entire city (Genesis 19:4) came to Lot's house. "And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them."- Genesis 19:5. The Gay Gospel proposes two interpretations:
1) That they honestly just wanted to get to know the two men (angels) in lots house
2) That they wanted to rape them (they say the sin is RAPE, not homosexuality), and that is the reason in which the word "wicked" is used to describe their behavior by Lot.
THE TRUTH: 1) The word "know" or "knew" preceding this verse in the bible referred to sexual relations. "Adam knew his wife; and she conceived"- Genesis 4:1.
2) When all of the men came to his house, Lot said: "And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly."- Genesis 19:7. There's no need to expound any further on this, it's obvious that the men of Sodom weren't just interested in "getting to know" the two men. Their intentions were sexual in nature.
3) The "rape theory" is partly true. The men of Sodom were indeed interested in committing a homosexual rape. In Genesis 18 God describes the sin of Sodom "grievous" and their behavior "wicked". So bible readers see that the wickedness of Sodom is on a LARGE scale. Immediately after God's description of Sodom, in Genesis 19, the Bible goes on to say that EVERY man, both old and young, came to Lot's house. This shows that homosexual behavior was greatly practiced and accepted in the city, as ALL of the men were there with sexual interest. Also, if their sexual appetites were not driven purely by homosexual desires, wouldn't they have accepted Lot's offer of his two virgin daughters? Logically, yes they would have. Although as we see, the men of Sodom did not accept Lot's offer. This only angered them and made them advance more aggressively toward his home.
4) The Gay Gospel's most solid argument supporting their theory that the sin in Sodom was not homosexuality is based on this verse: "'Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fullness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy."- Ezekial 16:49. But what they so conveniently neglect to do is provide is the very next verse: "And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good."- Ez 16:50. The writer uses the word abomination, Hebrew [tow'ebah], the same word in the Hebrew that is used to describe homosexuality in Leviticus 18:22! The sin in Sodom was on a grand scale, and included more than just homosexual behavior; but this does not take away from the scriptural proof that the event that occurred at Lot's home was driven by the burning homosexual appetites of the men of Sodom.
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."-Leviticus 18:22.
GAY GOSPEL: The Gay Gospel states that the word abomination, Hebrew [tow' ebah], are behaviors that people in a certain time and place consider tasteless or offensive. They state that the word 'abomination' has more of a ritualistic and ceremonial meaning than a moral meaning.
THE TRUTH: The word 'abomination' Hebrew [tow' ebah] is also used in Proverbs 6:16-19: "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an ABOMINATION unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." ;and in Proverbs 11:20 "They that are of a froward heart are ABOMINATION to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are his delight.' In both of these verses, the word abomination (which is the same used in Leviticus 18:22) has a moral connotation reflecting the character of God by expounding on those things which He hates and are displeasing to Him. The word 'abomination' is clearly used in an ethical sense in Leviticus 18:22. Case closed.
C) Romans 1:26-28
"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"- Romans 1:26-28
GAY GOSPEL: The Gay Gospel states that this homosexual activity described in Romans was only displeasing to God because the people were not TRULY homosexual ("born that way"). Pro-gay ministries say that the only reason the people were engaging in homosexual sex was to please the gods of sex and pleasure that they worshipped. The Gay Gospel states that this did not and still does not apply to people who are "born gay".
THE TRUTH: First off, let's not take verses out of context like the Gay Gospel enthusiasts do. Here is some context preceding verses 26-28: "Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."- Romans 1:21-25
As we see, the people Paul is referring to are ones that have rejected the truth of God continually. Consequently, God gave them over to a reprobate mind for rejecting Him and His truth. The people who engaged in the homosexual behavior did so in the mindset of a reprobate mind, being completely engulfed in and consumed by their sin, JUST LIKE PEOPLE TODAY! There is no such thing as "sexual orientation" that someone is born with. Nowhere in the Bible does it say some people are born only being attracted to the same sex. Homosexuality is a result of sin, not genetics. We are all born sinners, yes, and some are more enticed to the sin of homosexuality than others. But they are not genetically designed to be gay.
Some say that when the Bible refers to "eunuchs", that it is referring to people who are born gay. This is very incorrect. A eunuch is a castrated man."For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."- Matthew 19:12. This verse has nothing to do with homosexuality. There are some people who are born with some type of a physical defect that would make sexual intercourse impossible for them. We've heard of the people who have been born with defects, or with both male and female genitals (those shows are all over TLC/DISCOVERY CHANNEL). This is what eunuchs are. Eunuchs have nothing to do with homosexuality, absolutely nothing!
D) 1 Corinthians 6:9 & 1 Timothy 1:10
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,"- 1 Corinthians 6:9
"For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"- 1 Timothy 1:10.
GAY GOSPEL: The homosexual references in the above verses come from the Greek words [malaokois] and [arsenokoitai]. The Gay Gospel states that the meaning of the word [malaokois] is "call boy, male prositute", which is correct. They state that we don't really know what the word [arsenokoitai] means, therefore it should not be assumed to be homosexuality. Based on these two pieces of information, the Gay Gospel proposes that it is sexual promiscuity that God condemns, not homosexuality.
THE TRUTH: The word [arsenokoitai] was a word that Paul introduced as a new word, which is why there is so much controversy over the issue of whether or not is actually means homosexuality. This actually isn't that complicated, and there is no need to take too much time to explain it because the translation of Leviticus 18:22 from Hebrew to Greek is very self-explanatory: man (arseno) lying with (koitai) another man (arseno);= [arsenokoitai]. [Arseknkoitai] very simply means a man having sex with another man.
As you can see, Satan is now using our own weapon, THE WORD OF GOD, as a weapon against us. This is why we all, as genuine Christians, must be in the bible daily and have a clear understanding of it and be able to reprove those who twist scripture to fit their lifestyles. We must show them the TRUTH in the Scriptures. Homosexuality is sin, which is clearly explained in all of the verses above. It is sin that is forgivable, just as any other sin. But we have to start looking at homosexuality for what the Bible says it is, and not what the world says it is. The world's problem is their perspective of the truth.