The Hillsong Church NYC has been in the spotlight recently for receiving some celebrity guests on its Sunday Services.
Much of its popularity can be attributed to the leader of the church, Carl Lentz. Lentz is described as unconventional and hipster pastor who has ties with celebrities such as Justin Bieber.
Lentz’s evangelical church draws an estimated 5,500 people every Sunday. The branch of the Australia Pentecostal church is located at its Irving Plaza location near Manhattan’s Union Square.
Besides Justin Bieber, these are some other celebrities who visit or are regular attendants of the church, according to Details magazine:
1. AnnaSophia Robb - Colorado-raised Carrie Diaries star
2. Kevin Durant - NBA superstar
3. Scooter Braun - Justin Bieber's manager
4. Damon Dash - Roc-a-Fella Records cofounder
5. Jeremy Lin - basketball player for the Houston Rockets of the National Basketball Association
6. Vanessa Hudgens - Spring Breakers co-star
7. Austin Butler - actor, Vanessa Hudgens' boyfriend
8. Tyson Chandler - Basketball center who currently plays for the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association.