1. Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
2. I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.
3. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
4. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
5. Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
6. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict.
7. Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.
8. It is cheerful to God when you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart.
9. The end of life is not to be happy, nor to achieve pleasure and avoid pain, but to do the will of God, come what may.
10. When I took up the cross I recognized it's meaning. The cross is something that you bear, and ultimately, that you die on.