Phil Robertson has ignited a national controversy after calling homosexuality a sin in the January issue of GQ magazine and was then suspended by the A&E Network.
On Sunday, the Duck Dynasty patriarch broke his silence for the first time after homosexuality comments during a Bible studay at his home church. He declared that his comments about sex is simply quoting from the Bible.
Phil defended himself, "I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater," according to The Daily Mail. Besides, he said "I will not give or back off from my path."
12 quotes from Phil Robertson about homosexuality comments and his defenses::
1. It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She's got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical.
2. Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong... Sin becomes fine, Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.
3. Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right.
4. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.
5. We murder each other and we steal from one another, sex and immorality goes ballistic. All the diseases that just so happen to follow sexual mischief... boy there are some microbes running around now.
6. Sexual sins are numerous and many, I have a few myself. So what is your safest course of action? If you're a man, find yourself a woman, marry them and keep your sex right there.
7. Commonsense says we are not going to procreate the human race unless we have a man and a woman. From the beginning Jesus said, "It is a man and a woman." Adam was made and Eve was made for this reason. They left their fathers and mothers and be united to become one flesh, that's what marriage is all about.
8. The acts of the sinful nature are obvious. Sexual immorality, is number one on the list. How many ways can we sin sexually? My goodness. You open up that can of worms and people will be mad at you over it.
9. I am just reading what was written over 2000 years ago. Those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom. All I did was quote from the scriptures, but they just didn't know it...
10. If you give them the bad news, they'll start kicking and screaming. But you love them more than you fear them, so you tell them
11. Jesus will take sins away, if you're a homosexual he'll take it away, if you're an adulterer, if you're a liar, what's the difference? If you break one sin you may as well break them all.
12. If we lose our morality, we will lose our country. It will happen.